Friday, September 23, 2005

It's not a collapse...

The Cleveland Indians are playing out of their mind right now. Although I do consider White Sox have a losing record after the All-Star Break as somewhat disappointing, the most shocking news are the Indians. Just after the break, who were in contention of the Wild Card position in the American League? The Yankees were below the Orioles, Red Sox, and I believe Toronto. They were 15-some games behind the White Soxes in the Central Division, not to mention justing position with Minnesota.

The Cleveland Indians are playing better than the South-Siders, the Bronx Bombers, and the BoSoxes. Even better than the West-Coast tandem of A's and Angel's. They're probably the best team after the All-Star break because they were also 15-20 games off the Wild Card spot. You can't call the White Soxes team a historic collapse. For a Chicago team to win over 90 games in on year is an amazing feat. Granted i'm a Cubs fan, but I do cheer for the other team, especially if they have a chance in going to the World Series.

So all you sports fan, don't criticize the South-Siders, blame everything on the Indians. They're playing like possessed demons. The Indians will cool off. They lack the experience of playoff teams, but I would like them to be in the Wild Card spot instead of the Yankees/BoSoxes.

Let's go Soxes. I'm still cheering for them. I'm not a sports bandwagon like Paul Motz, even I do change my team every year, but I still cheer them on for the whole season. I don't quit, on my Cubs or 2nd team, the first place White Soxes, and so shouldn't you.

No comments: